If you’re looking for a quick pick-me-up that will leave you feeling and looking better, give yourself an oatmeal facial!
Combine 1/2 cup hot — not boiling — water and 1/3 cup oatmeal. After the water and oatmeal have settled for two or three minutes, mix in 2 tablespoons plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, and 1 small egg white. Apply a thin layer of the mixture to your face, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water. (Be sure to place a metal or plastic strainer in your sink to avoid clogging the drain with the granules.)
Why is Oatmeal good for the skin?
- Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties and is perfect for most skin types, even the most sensitive skin
- Oatmeal contains saponins, a cleansing agent, and can therefore be used as a mild soap
- Oatmeal is moisturizing and helps remove dead skin cells.
- Oatmeal can help treat acne, eczema, rosacea and rashes
- Oatmeal can helps relieve symptoms of aging skin
For you blonds out there, you can also use oatmeal as your natural and organic alternative for dry shampoo! Ground the oats, rub over the scalp and brush excess oats out with a boar bristle brush